Legal No. 12-662
NOTICE OF SALE UNDER POWER
STATE OF GEORGIA,
COUNTY OF LAURENS.
Under and by virtue of the Power of Sale contained in a Security Deed from ESTATE OF J.D. HOGAN AKA J.D. HOGAN JR., DECEASED BY: MICHAEL M. HOGAN, EXECUTOR to COLONY BANK OF DODGE COUNTY dated September 13, 2007, and recorded in Deed Book 1981, Page 70, Laurens County Records, there will be sold by the undersigned at public outcry to the highest bidder for cash before the courthouse door in Laurens County, Georgia, within the legal hours of sale, on the first Tuesday in December, 2012, the following described property:
All that tract or parcel of land, situate, lying, and being in the 2nd Land District of Laurens County, Georgia, and being portions of Land Lots 114 and 117 in said Land District, containing 80 acres, more or less, and being all of the lands lying within the boundaries hereinafter stated, said lands being bounded as follows: On the Northwest by the right of way of Georgia Highway Number 338, on the South by the right of way of the Hawkinsville - Blackshears Ferry Road, and on the Northeast by the right of way of the County Road leading from the Hawkinsville - Blackshears Ferry Road, in a Northwesterly direction, to the Poplar Springs North Baptist Church.
LESS AND EXCEPT:
1. A tract of two (2) acres in Land Lot 117 owned by James D. Hogan, as shown by a plat prepared by J. D. Glover, Surveyor, dated July 10, 1965, and recorded in Deed Book 235, Page 61, in the Office of the Clerk of Superior Court of Laurens County, Georgia.
2. A tract of 0.35 acres of Land Lot Number 114, as described in a Warranty Deed from J. D. Hogan, Jr. to Laurens County, dated February 22, 1979, and recorded in Deed Book 365, Page 385, in said Clerks Office.
3. A tract of 3.02 acres of Land Lot 114, 2nd Land District, Laurens County, Georgia as shown on a plat recorded in Deed Book 593, Page 168, in said Clerks Office.
4. A tract of 10.9 acres (consisting of Lots 1 through 5) of Land Lot 117 in said Land District, as shown on a plat recorded in Deed Book 1113, Page 16, in said Clerks Office.
5. A tract of 3.63 acres of Land Lot 117 known as Tax Map 70D 31A (see Deed Book 1365, Page 170).
The debt secured by said security deed has been and is hereby declared due because of, among other possible events of default, failure to make payments in accordance with the terms of said note. The debt remaining in default, this sale shall be made for the purpose of paying the same, and all expenses of sale, including attorneys fees, notice having been given of intent to collect attorneys fees.
Said property will be sold subject to any outstanding ad valorem taxes, any matter which might be disclosed by an accurate survey and inspection of the property, any assessments, liens, encumbrances, zoning ordinances, restrictions, covenants, and matters of record superior to the Security Deed first set out above. To the best knowledge and belief of the undersigned, the party in possession of the property is ESTATE OF J.D. HOGAN AKA J.D. HOGAN JR., DECEASED BY: MICHAEL M. HOGAN, EXECUTOR, or a tenant or tenants. The person who shall have the authority to negotiate, amend, and modify this loan is J.E. Kirkley, II, City President, Colony Bank, P.O. Box 797, Eastman, Georgia 31023 (478) 374-4739.
COLONY BANK as Successor in Interest to
COLONY BANK OF DODGE COUNTY
As Attorney in Fact for ESTATE OF J.D. HOGAN,
AKA J.D. HOGAN, JR., DECEASED
BY MICHAEL M. HOGAN, EXECUTOR
DANIEL M. KING, JR.
King Law Group
617 Bellevue Avenue
Post Office Box 4329
Dublin, Georgia 31040
This law firm is attempting to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
November 10, 17, 24, December 1, 2012